Blue Book Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New Plague

3 posters

Go down

The New Plague Empty The New Plague

Post  Talvier Silverwing Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:52 pm

Talvier sat in the corner of the inn, pondering his current situation. It had been several hours since he had arrived. The portly innkeeper approached him with a smug frown. Sir. If you're going to just sit in my inn, I insist you buy something. he said, rubbing his fingers back and forth and tilting his head toward some mercenaries. Talvier looked up and frowned. Well. Sorry for wasting your time. standing up and turning to leave, the innkeeper grabbed Talvier's shoulder. 'Ey. I said pay up. I'm terribly sorry, sir, but I was robbed on my way here. I just have this coin here. I hope a gold coin is enough for sitting handing the single gold to the innkeeper, Talvier tried again to leave. Y'er lucky we're busy tonight. Don't let me catch you here again, y' damn street rat. Talvier headed for the door, and looked up at the setting sun. Damnit. Looks like I'm going to need some help getting started around here... he muttered with a grin, wandering the streets as he waited for darkness to fall.
Talvier Silverwing
Talvier Silverwing

Gold Gold : 1

Back to top Go down

The New Plague Empty Some Time Later...

Post  Talvier Silverwing Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:51 pm

Talvier had found himself a nifty ledge from which to watch for oncoming villagers, travelers wanderers and the like. From this roughly story high ledge, he spotted two newcomers entering the shoddy gates. Trying to avoid breathing in the city's stench, he waited as they approached. Talvier had strategically positioned himself on a ledge along the main street leading from the gate to the inn. "Well well well. Don't see many like you here, do we?" he asked in a slightly condescending tone. moving his legs back and forth on his ledge. "You're clothes aren't torn to shreds, and from the look of them, they haven't quite taken on the smell of the city. I don't suppose you two happen to be the friendly helpful type?" he said, tilting his head ever so slightly to try to get a better view in the dark, badly-fire-lit street.
Talvier Silverwing
Talvier Silverwing

Back to top Go down

The New Plague Empty Re: The New Plague

Post  Yeorl Oakenleaf Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:01 am

Uru and Caleb had been walking for days. They were tired and haggard, as the coastal countryside had a lack of road side inns; All the while, the constant sounds of beasts by the road had kept them wary, hampering their sleeping patterns.
The two had finally found refuge in this small town secluded by mountains, the signposts read: Wavecrest.
The two of course had heard of Wavecrest, it was a smutty den of thieves; but, it seems as though they were left with little options.

As the two walked through the rusty gates, they were immediately set upon by a questioning figure, the darkness of the streets obscured a lot of him. He asked them about their look and pointed out the obvious that they were clearly not from around the smelly hole.

"Um.. My name is Uru Hutdai and this is my companion Caleb Ilano." Uru said unsure of himself, the stranger was certainly unsettling and his sudden appearance followed by his questions had knocked Uru momentarily off balance.
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Admin

Gold Gold : 450

Character sheet
Level: 2
Next Level:
The New Plague Left_bar_bleue102/300The New Plague Empty_bar_bleue  (102/300)
Morality: Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post  Caleb Ilano Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:08 am

Caleb stepped up also, weak, and tired, judgement sundered. "I am a knight of-" He coughed and tried to continue, "..willing to help you if you our help.." He squinted in the dark, trying to look at the man.
"Who, might I ask are you and what is your problem?"

Even in the dark the man seemed the villainous type, lurking around a seedy city at night, confronting travellers. Caleb wouldn't turn away from the needy, however. He started to draw his arm up to cast an ilumination spell but thought better against it, knowing that it could collapse him in his current state. He leaned against Uru.
Caleb Ilano
Caleb Ilano
Admin

Gold Gold : 600

Character sheet
Level: 4
Next Level:
The New Plague Left_bar_bleue21/100The New Plague Empty_bar_bleue  (21/100)
Morality: Hero

http://bluebookchronicles.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Talvier Silverwing Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:20 am

Talvier jumped from the ledge, grabbing onto a jutting piece of woodwork to catch himself to avoid hurting his legs, only to strain a muscle. Trying to hide his wince of pain and damning his body under his breath, he dropped down into a kneeling position and stood up. "Fear not, friends. I'm new to this area myself. Off the mainland, actually. First time in a city with a population greater than fifty." Talvier, not one to generally consider others, realized these were just the people he was looking for. Sighing under his breath, he looked up and smiled. "I apologize, I see now that you are both very weary. From what I've seen, and experienced, you two would be much better off sleeping in a humble abode I found while wandering this cesspool than that so called 'inn.'" He paused and looked back to see a brawl taking place outside the inn. "Of course, you're welcome to try to get a room there." he said with a sarcastic grin as he turned on his heel, walking to an abandoned building a few hundred yards away. "Oh; and if you're worried about me, your chances of fighting one man off are much better than a small armed force at the inn."
Talvier Silverwing
Talvier Silverwing

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down