Blue Book Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A declaration of war.

2 posters

Go down

A declaration of war. Empty A declaration of war.

Post  Yeorl Oakenleaf Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:39 pm

The stone halls of the royal palace were brilliant and completed by the greatest masons of the Raveneye clan, hoping for Laeirnheins support in the Chavlarus conflict hundreds of years ago. The gold scriptures and tapestries strung up of silks describing the rich history were an exquisite and eye catching piece of decoration that Sir.Godwinsen had to regard. I like these Laeirnhinians, they appreciate a good amount of gold, thought Godwinsen to himself with a smile of approval on his face. He was to be a member of the diplomatic corps sent forth from Axony hoping to glean the king of Laeirheins support in the up coming war with the North. Why they couldn't have picked a better man for the job, thought Godwinsen; however the other members of the delegation were thinking otherwise..

"Please follow me, the kings court is just this way- the king is currently entertaining other guests at the moment. Of course this was on very short notice so you'll have to excuse how unprepared we are." The Steward placated as he lead the small band of diplomats and knights towards a pair of giant doors. Well more of a gate.. The contraption was clearly worked by gears and appeared to be four feet of reinforced gold. The delegation looked up in awe as the gears turned and the door opened automatically as soon as the Steward pulled a leaver. The men of the clocks were truly impressive, thought Sir.Godwinsen.

Gazing upon the majesty of it all he couldn't help but wonder what they thought of the hard men and women of Axony, down here in Laeirnhein. I mean after all the Parliament building was constructed out of stone and wood. No where near the luxury the men of the clocks enjoyed.

The hall was a large chamber that could be alternatively used as a ballroom at the far back were multiple thrones sit within the middle was what was clearly the King, in front of him appeared to be multiple well dressed Nobles and a man doing a lot of talking. Probably this guest, thought Sir.Godwinsen.

"Hail!" Cried Godwinsen across the hall awkwardly, he and none of the other Axon Knights knew the social conventions of the higher class. They had gained their titles through war.
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Admin

Gold Gold : 450

Character sheet
Level: 2
Next Level:
A declaration of war. Left_bar_bleue102/300A declaration of war. Empty_bar_bleue  (102/300)
Morality: Neutral

Back to top Go down

A declaration of war. Empty Re: A declaration of war.

Post  Dupre Gaillard Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:07 pm

Dupré closed off his thorough explanation of the workings of a particular build of automaton. "They will serve as helpers throughout the castle. I believe that the servants will be much appreciative. The design is yours... if you accept my low, humble bargain." He passed a contract to a noble beside him.

"Hail!"
The shout was clearly heard by the members of the assembly. "A new voice brings a new face, does it not, Eisel?" Dupré was one of few who lived outside the walls of Laeirnhien and was still considered a upperclassman. One of fewer who dared to call the King of Laeirnhien by his first name, with not a hint of an honorific title such as 'His majesty' or 'sire'. The nobles were obviously annoyed by this lack of respect, but the king himself seemed indifferent.

"If you don't mind, I think I'll stay and listen in on what this newcomer has to say." Without waiting for a response, Dupré took a seat a few thrones to the side of the king, finally gazing up to stare and observe the strangers.
Dupre Gaillard
Dupre Gaillard

Gold Gold : 1

Character sheet
Level: 1
Next Level:
A declaration of war. Left_bar_bleue0/0A declaration of war. Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Yeorl Oakenleaf Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:00 am

The King turned his watchful gaze upon the delegation timidly marching forward towards the throne, as well as the entire court and the special guest. The diplomats of Axony were awestruck by the wealth of the nobles, since in Axony they leaved meagrely and called themselves lords - they sheepishly hid behind the hardened company of knights.
Sir.Godwinsen sighed, it seems this would be another task for the knights.
"We come to you today, ladies and lords of Laeirnhein, bearing the friendship of our two nations but we also come bearing grave news." Begun a soft looking Knight garbed in a green cloak and silver breast plate.
"Axony has been thrust into war with the filthy orc scum and we request your aid in combating them, creatures that look like them have been raiding our villages and stealing our children for months now and parliament has said no more. Will you aid us in this endevor?" Sir.Godwinsen pitched growling.
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:
A declaration of war. Left_bar_bleue102/300A declaration of war. Empty_bar_bleue  (102/300)

Back to top Go down

Post  Dupre Gaillard Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:08 am

While the posh nobles discussed the matter with the King, Dupré kept his minute grin and piercing eyes centered on the man before him. He emitted an aura confidence and steadfastness. He was a larger man than Dupré, his armour making him look even larger. Dupré's pen wrote in an uninterrupted stream along his note book, his eyes never glancing down, after years of practice.
Dupré had heard of Axony before, as most of Laeirnhiens populace. However he did not recognize any of these men, so any acts of bravery and valor are naught for Dupré.

An idea sprang into Dupré's head. An idea that interested him fully. He jotted down the last note, placed his things in his pockets, and barged his way through the lords and ladies gathered around the King. "Excuse me, misters and madams. I have a proposition for Eisel." They gaped in outrage at the blunt rudeness. One noble going almost as far as to cuss and reprimand Dupré. Dupré reached over and took the scroll that he had handed minutes ago to another lord, tapping it forcefully on the side. "Eisel, I have a new contract for you. You send aid to Axony, but you send me as well. Oh, and don't forget my dolls. I will take a quarter of the royalties I had previously bargained, but you must agree to vouch for me if I decide to make a similar deal with our wonderful allies."

Twenty-five percent of his previous arrangement was still a considerably large sum, and the opportunity to make a deal with the court of Axony was a wonderful plan.

King Eisenhouse silenced the nobles as he pondered. What an odd man I have befriended. After thinking for a few moments longer, he unrolled the contract and stamped his royal insignia to approve it. He stood up after handing the scroll to one of the ladies. "Brave men of Axony, we of Laeirnhien will indeed aid our allies this time, as we have done in the past. I will send my delegation to speak with your parliament. You will also be accompanied by knights and provisions, as we have the forces to spare." He sighed after glancing at Dupré who was back in his seat, a contempt smirk on his face. "This man shall also accompany you. He shall show to you the wonders of a Laeirnhienian inventor. He shall explain more as to what exactly he'll be doing to aid you, as even I cannot know." The King sat back in his throne, wondering about the consequences of he had just declared.
Dupre Gaillard
Dupre Gaillard

Character sheet
Next Level:
A declaration of war. Left_bar_bleue0/0A declaration of war. Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Yeorl Oakenleaf Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:20 am

"Thank you, your highness has showed great vigilance and generosity. I extend my gratitude for all of the Axon people." The soft Knight in green replied giving a light bow as he joined the rest of the delegation preparing to leave the court to it's business.
"Good, we've got what we came for. Maybe even more." Sir.Godwinsen remarked shooting a curious gaze towards the man who would be accompanying them on their trek north back to Axony.

Leaving the court the entire party without even staying the evening mounted up their steeds preparing to ride ahead with the vanguard of the host. After all time was of the essence since Axon forces were already preparing themselves for an incursion into the Expanse. Walking through the camp as it prepared to leave Sir.Godwinsen noticed the youth from court and approached him hoping to glean some information unto who he is.
"Hail! I'm Sir. James Godwinsen, but you can just call me Godwinsen. All those around me do." Sir.Godwinsen extended a friendly hand to the youth taking him off guard at the brashness and suddenness of the gesture.
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Dupre Gaillard Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:03 am

Dupré took the man's hand, but could not even approach the hearty sturdiness of the handshake. "I bid you my greeting, James. You are an interesting man to observe, as I rarely get visitors from other regions. My name is Dupré Gaillard, inventor and alchemist by trade." Dupré shook with his right hand, but his left did not break stride as it wrote every mental note down, concealed by his pocket. This was a man that Dupré would love to see in action, just to get out of the rhythm and bore of snobby nobles.

"I'd like to make sure that you meet my traveling companion as well. Scilian, come over here please!" Dupré called out, and in a matter of moments the teenage sized puppet joined them.
Dupre Gaillard
Dupre Gaillard

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Yeorl Oakenleaf Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:18 am

Godwinsen gazed upon the lifelike automaton, taking a back by the level of genius behind it. They did not have anywhere near this level of artistry or technology in Axony.
"That's.. Incredible, it's a pleasure to meet you Scillian." Sir.Godwinsen attempted trivial salutations but was too awkward and taken aback as to how one would address a construct.
"I have a travelling partner of my own, my good dolt, Christopher Caleandor. Step out here boy, stop being ridiculous." Sir.Godwinsen explained as he attempted to regain composure.
A young man in his early twenties, dressed in light leather arm stepped forward, he'd been hiding behind the massive knight the entire time.
"Erm.. Nice' to meet you sire." He began stammering.
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Dupre Gaillard Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:36 am

The awkward man standing before Dupré paled in comparison to the knight. He looked almost ready to hide at any sign of danger. "Please, Christopher, I am hardly meriting of a title, nor do I want one. Simply address me as Dupré, or what ever else might be easier for you. Oh, and try not to be bothered too much by Scilian's lack of voice. I do not bother with those unneeded details."
This adventure will no doubt be a lucrative investment. Lets just hope I make it back safely to see Laure's lovely smile again. "Any questions either of you'd like to ask me before we set off?"
Dupre Gaillard
Dupre Gaillard

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Yeorl Oakenleaf Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:46 pm

"Yes, my boy, I'm curious just what spurs you to answer this quest?" Sir.Godwinsen queried. It seemed strange that one so young as he would wish to journey north on such a mundane task.
"I.. I was going to ask the same thing." Christopher awkwardly agreed with a forced shake of his head.
"After all shortly after we confirm with the government that your people will aid us we march straight to war. War with the Orcs my lad. It'll be long and brutal." Sir.Godwinsen warned, he was mildly concerned for he could tell that this man was no fighter and often they did not have the stomach for the battlefield. Especially if that battlefield were with such savages as the Orcs and Highlanders.
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Dupre Gaillard Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:25 pm

Dupré's eyes narrowed and his grin widened at the question. "I've created and destroyed countless lives in the shape of these automatons. I've used myself as a subject in my alchemical experiments. I join you on your march today for the same reason as always. Profit. Profit and accomplishment. Perhaps I'll sell this design to your government. All pompous higher-ups and mad generals love expendable warriors." Dupré chuckled quietly at the younger knight's shocked expression. Scilian mood remained unchanged, even though Dupré talked of using automatons as soldiers. Scilian and the other dolls were Dupré's greatest constructs and were not of the same model that Dupré was planning to sell.

"Do not get the wrong idea. I do everything for a purpose, for an attainable goal. I do things to further my own being as well as that of those around me. Do not think of me as mad for doing so. Shall we be off?" Dupré asked his final question with stark contrast in emotion from his prior statements.
Dupre Gaillard
Dupre Gaillard

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum