Blue Book Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VIDEO GAMES!

2 posters

Go down

VIDEO GAMES! Empty VIDEO GAMES!

Post  Lucas Greyson Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:54 pm

Hey everybody, I wanted to post a topic where people could talk about existing or upcoming video games that they wanted to discuss. I myself, am a gamer like every other stereotypical online geeky nerd person that goes on forums. I own a PS3 a Wii and a Xbox (Xbox, not Xbox 360) so if you have any game titles you want to ask me about just in case you wanted to buy them, go ahead and ask me, I'll most likely have that title. Of course there are a bunch of other gamers out there so you can ask them instead if I don't have that title or if you don't like me. Or you could just talk about games, rant about them, what the heck. Most importantly, this topic is to help everyone HAVE FUN! Smile
Lucas Greyson
Lucas Greyson

Gold Gold : 0

Character sheet
Level: 1
Next Level:
VIDEO GAMES! Left_bar_bleue0/0VIDEO GAMES! Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Morality: Good

Back to top Go down

VIDEO GAMES! Empty Re: VIDEO GAMES!

Post  Caleb Ilano Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:02 am

Little big planet. Tell me of this one.
Caleb Ilano
Caleb Ilano
Admin

Gold Gold : 600

Character sheet
Level: 4
Next Level:
VIDEO GAMES! Left_bar_bleue21/100VIDEO GAMES! Empty_bar_bleue  (21/100)
Morality: Hero

http://bluebookchronicles.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucas Greyson Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:51 pm

First impression: My first impression on LBP when I first saw the commercial was pretty good, it made a solid impression focusing on one thing: fun. Even though, it didn't seem like a game I would want to buy, but I did. It started at the local shopping centre, apparently, advertising the game just wasn't enough for LBP developers Media Molecule so they decided to allow people to play the game at their local shopping centre. Originally, I was simply going to look and walk away, but seeing one 7 year old, two teenagers and an adult having so much fun, I just couldn't resist. My first experience with LBP was amazing, I loved it. I bought it. Enough said.

General Gameplay: As a platformer, it is surprisingly entertaining......the first time. I'm sorry to say but the levels at some times are way too difficult and results in hair being torn out, smashing your fists against the wall and of course, rage quitting. Obviously, as you progress through the levels, it gets harder, and harder, and harder. even though your only controls are jump, grab, walk/run, toggle emotions and move limbs, the levels are very fun and not to mention creative. The creativity for each level gets 10/10 from me. But just playing the game, is very fun. There are many instances where you can get some extra hidden unlocks in some levels but require more than one player. I recommend playing this game with other people either with the same system or online. This will enhance your game experience dramatically, no longer will you simply strive to beat the level, but there will be a sort of companionship between you and the people you play with.

Multiplayer/Online Features: Multiplayer is highly recommended by me as the game tends to get boring after playing by yourself for one or two hours. The people who have microphones tend to be very nice since they're playing a game about fun rather than killing people and those who don't have microphones are able to express their feelings by toggling emotions on their sackboy. Of course, there has to be violence in every single game or else it wouldn't be right so Media Molecule has allowed you to punch other sackboys (find that out yourself) though be careful, people might get pissed off if you do it too much and leave your lobby. (Only hit them when they're epically failing at the level) To tell you the truth, after you finally beat the main storyline, you won't be going back. The best part about this game, is that you are able to play levels created by other people online. That, is the best part. You can obviously make your own levels but it's much harder than you think. (I haven't made one successful level so I consider everyone who has made their own level a professional) So maybe you have an awesome game you like, like Metal Gear Solid per se. Search that up and you'll get Metal Gear Solid themed LBP levels. It's awesome.

Extra Content/Add-Ons: I promise you one thing, you will want to buy exclusive costumes, I guarantee it. I have probably spent a total of twenty dollars on LBP costumes and objects. When you tend to play online with other people, you will notice that every sackboy is different and is special and unique. When you see that, you will want to have an amazing sackboy that no one else has and will never have. Due to this, you will be compelled to go to your nearest electronics shop, buy a PSN card and buy exclusive costumes. And since LBP is such a popular game, Media Molecule has gained rights from other popular games such as Killzone, Assassin's Creed, Infamous, etc. to put sackboy costumes based on these games. I myself have bought all the exclusive costumes mentioned above. I love them. Other that, there are not many add-ons that are too special. COSTUMES ALL THE WAY!

Conclusion/Rating: In the end, this is a wonderful game and is definitely worth picking up at your local gaming store. It's worth every penny. I myself, have gone back to it when I get tired of killing people. It gives you that nostalgic feeling of being a little kid playing on the playground with other children not worrying about school. I rate this game a 9.8/10. -0.2 simply because you will get frustrated when the levels get impossibly hard. For people wanting to buy this game, I recommend waiting until LBP 2 comes out this fall, no need to understand the storyline because it's messed up and incomprehensible anyway.
Lucas Greyson
Lucas Greyson

Gold Gold : 0

Character sheet
Level: 1
Next Level:
VIDEO GAMES! Left_bar_bleue0/0VIDEO GAMES! Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Morality: Good

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum