Blue Book Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The dialogue of an eccentric man.

Go down

The dialogue of an eccentric man. Empty The dialogue of an eccentric man.

Post  Dupre Gaillard Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:37 pm

The soft chime of a small silver bell resounds throughout the two-story cottage. "Thank you, Vincent." Dupré called down to the automaton that rung the morning bell. Vincent was a very reliable doll, always doing what his master wanted. Ringing the bell even when it was no longer needed to wake his master up. Having awoken at the exact same time every morning, the routine was deeply etched into Dupré's mind.

"A beautiful morning for a voyage, don't you think?" Dupré's question directed at the silent but forever listening group of automatons that tend to his 'estate'. About a dozen worked and cared for this small haven. A dozen more unfinished, or nonoperational. They are useful for almost any kind of job, such as keeping a house clean, cooking or playing with children. A true wonder that would only come from the talented hands of an inventor of Laeirnhien.

For this very reason, Dupré had decided to set himself on the path of his father. To open a store in a market that would appreciate his wares. A day ago, Dupré sent a courier to Swienhien to tell his wife of his sudden decision. That she should not worry, and that he would be more than happy if she visited him when he became successful. "Largo, Scilian! You two will be accompanying me for a few days. Could you please go and fetch my bags, they're already packed. Feel free to bring anything you'd like as well. Vincent, please help them with the job." All the while, Dupré did not let his handwriting slip as he noted the start of his adventure in his journal.
Dupre Gaillard
Dupre Gaillard

Gold Gold : 1

Character sheet
Level: 1
Next Level:
The dialogue of an eccentric man. Left_bar_bleue0/0The dialogue of an eccentric man. Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Morality: Neutral

Back to top Go down

The dialogue of an eccentric man. Empty Re: The dialogue of an eccentric man.

Post  Dupre Gaillard Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:21 am

Sometimes, I surprise even myself when I look at these dolls. So human-like, so... filled with as much life as you can put into an self sufficient puppet. Dupré watches the three come back, Largo and Scilian with small pouches of belongings strapped across their shoulders. Vincent was left to carry Dupré's bags all by himself. I wonder if he minds? Dupré thought for a few moments before deciding that he'd better leave that question for another time.

The horses that were seldom used for transport were grazing in the field. After having them fetched, Dupré had laden one with his belongings, and helped the shorter automatons up onto the second. Up upon his stead, the eccentric man gave his final goodbye. "Farewell, my lovely home and it's inhabitants. I hope you all take care of her. Vincent, you're in charge. Make sure the others stay out of trouble, and see to it that business runs smoothly. No need to stock the pantry if no one's eating, eh? Have fun and enjoy yourselves!"

Dupré mustered what he could for this final goodbye. He new it to be pointless, to tell them what they already knew. The small paradise that was his home had never been in any state of disarray, of mal-being. Preaching to the converted. One of Dupré's favourite pastimes when his wife was away. I hope that taking some initiative will make her happy, instead of being either cooped up with my inventions, or out in the fields sleeping.

"Have you ever talked to yourself?" Dupré asked himself ironically. A wide grin on his face.
Dupre Gaillard
Dupre Gaillard

Character sheet
Next Level:
The dialogue of an eccentric man. Left_bar_bleue0/0The dialogue of an eccentric man. Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Dupre Gaillard Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:24 am

"Ah. J'ai même oublié... le ciel est si beau." So long had it been since Dupré was on the main road. The sound of the horses' hooves almost like a distant memory. Laure was much more adventerous in her leisure time than Dupré. It was only the smell of profit and achievement that could lure him away from his quiet home. "The clouds, les arbres. I mustn't forget such things." When I was young, I was inspired by nature and it influenced my constructs. Dupré glanced at Largo and Scilian, whos outer shells were still the same cloudy white.

As the day went on the caravan would soon be in Redrook, even at Dupré's slower than leisurely pace. Thoughts began to flood his mind. "Largo. Perhaps you should begin drafting out the look of my new store. A boutique? an emporium? Maybe a gallery? Whatever will catch todays interest. I do hope the realtors do not drive too hard of a bargain. I don't intend to spend money without reason." A smug grin came across Dupré's face. It was not that he was greedy or selfish, but his love for money and profit came from the realisation of what he could do with it to better that which he thought was right.

Dupré once funded a project with what at the time would have amounted to at least a quarter of Redrook's treasury, simply because it would restore the older water resevoirs and provide him with excellent water to make tea with. His excentricities were simply a part of who he was. As Dupré approached the town walls, he shouted simply up to the gate-towers, "Guardsman, would you mind letting us in?"
Dupre Gaillard
Dupre Gaillard

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum